The Province is organizing pilgrimages to the sites where the foreign Jesuit missionaries arrived in Vietnam to help participants explore the history of evangelization of the Society of Jesus in Vietnam, as well as to invite them to be actively engaged in evangelizing ministries of the Province. Due to COVID gathering and travel restrictions, the pilgrimages couldn’t be organized. Therefore, Jescom-Vietnam will make online pilgrimage video clips to share on the Province’s website and social networks.
A music album on the life and conversion of St. Ignatius
6 Jesuits have composed songs about Ignatius’ life and conversion. The songs are in Vietnamese and sung by some Vietnamese Jesuits. The songs will be recorded, made into CDs and other digital formats. Once the album is out, it will be distributed to parts of the Province, benefactors and on social networks of the Province.
Ignatian Year shirts
JESCOM has designed and produced shirts, face-masks in the theme of the Ignatian Year.
Short videos with elderly Jesuits
Elderly Jesuits of the Province are interviewed and invited to share their experiences of Ignatian spirituality and life as Jesuits. The purpose of videos is to help young people to get to know more about the Society of Jesus in Vietnam and its missions.
The 12 topics on the 12 characteristics of Saint Ignatius
The 12 topics will be prepared by twelve Jesuits. The length is around five to eight minutes. JESCOM will record them by camera and then makes into a short Video clip to be posted on the website of the Society. Each month, one topic will be posted. The following are the twelve topics:
- Determined decision in the choices of life
- The pilgrim
- Soldier of Christ carrying the cross
- The man of mission
- The man of discernment
- A wise leader
- A great educator
- The man of Magis
- The contemplative man (finding God in all things)
- God in the first place
- Christ sacrificed as a model of Ignatius
- Sentir cum Ecclesia
Other 12 topics related with UAPs prepared by other twelve Jesuits for the whole Ignatian year. Some of them are from abroad: USA and Rome. Each Jesuit will give a talk about two hours. The talk is for everyone. Discussions will be followed by the talk. These topics will also be given at CIS or Jesuit Scholasticate, or at the Jesuit Parishes. These are the topics that will be given:
- The dynamism of the SpEx. and Discernment.
- Conversion in Ignatian Tradition.
- Ignatian spirituality and intercultural from 17th century up to now.
- Ignatian spirituality and women.
- Examples of living Ignatian spirituality: Blessed Andrew of Phu Yen.
- Gratitude spirituality: Environments.
- Spirit looking for a body.
- Ignatian spirituality and Zen.
- The role of desires in Ignatian spirituality.
- Spiritual conversations among the youth.
- The examination of conscience for the youth.
Retreats on Ignatian themes: The coming September, the retreat on the Autobiography will be given by the Most Rev. Cosme Hoang Van Dat, SJ, to the Jesuits. Fr. Hung Pham, SJ from USA will also give retreat online about the Autobiography on November.
Prose, verse, and art competition
JESCOM is organising a competition in prose, verse, and different arts on the life of Ignatius and on Ignatian spirituality. It is organised by JESCOM. Everyone can participate in this competition, but it is mainly aimed at the youth and in particular to candidates, novices, and young people at the Jesuit parishes and university students.
Ignatian Books to be published.
- To Meet St. Ignatius;
- Initiated Career of St. Ignatius; Thoughts of Ignatius, translated by Scholastics;
- Ignatian Magazine: Spiritual Accompaniment;
- An Ignatian Introduction to Prayer: Scriptural Reflections According to the Spiritual Exercises;
- Meditation and Contemplation: An Ignatian Guide to Praying with Scripture;
- Autobiography of St Ignatius in Vietnamese Language.